Student Workshop submission is now closed. Link to the submission site.
The student workshop at GECCO (Genetic and Evolutionary Computation Conference) 2018 aims to provide a platform for graduate and undergraduate students to present their research on the topic at GECCO in Kyoto, Japan. This multi-session workshop supports students with their scientific work and facilitates their inclusion in the research community. The description of the workshop including more opportunities for students can be found on the Student Workshop page.
- Workshop submission deadline: April 3, 2018
- Decision notification: April 10, 2018
- Camera-ready submission: April 24, 2018
Call for Papers
Our call for papers is open to all papers mainly authored by students (Bachelor, Master or PhD) and covering topics related to genetic and evolutionary computation, for example related to any of the GECCO 2018 tracks:
- Ant Colony Optimisation and Swarm Intelligence
- Complex Systems
- Digital Entertainment Technologies and Arts
- Evolutionary Combinatorial Optimisation and Metaheuristics
- Evolutionary Machine Learning
- Evolutionary Multiobjective Optimisation
- Evolutionary Numerical Optimisation
- Genetic Algorithms
- General Evolutionary Computation and Hybrids
- Genetic Programming
- Real World Applications
- Search-Based Software Engineering
Your submission of up to 4 pages is required to contain previously unpublished work. The student(s) is/are not required to be the sole author(s), but, since this is an educational event, they must be the main contributor(s) as well as first and corresponding author(s) of the paper. The student(s) are also expected to present at the workshop. Therefore, please make sure to check your funding options for the registration fee and travelling costs before submission!
Your contribution should be formatted according to the Papers Submission Instructions, in PDF format, and not exceed 4 pages, as opposed to the regular full papers. Workshop papers will be published in the GECCO Companion Proceedings.
Please note that the student workshop papers are managed using the GECCO 2018 submission system. Please note also that the paper submission form for the student workshop is separated from the other workshops. You will be required to provide:
- the degree the first author is currently pursuing (Bachelor, Master or PhD)
- at least one topic that is relevant for your paper (the topics correspond to the GECCO 18 tracks and will be used for reviewer assignment and statistics)
- your paper
Please let us know if you experience any problems with the submission process.
- Main website: http://gecco-2018.sigevo.org/index.html/Student+Workshop
- GECCO student workshop twitter: https://twitter.com/GECCOsws
- GECCO homepage: http://gecco-2018.sigevo.org
- GECCO Twitter: https://twitter.com/GECCO2018
- Previous student workshops: 2017; 2016; 2015; 2014; 2013
- Vanessa Volz (TU Dortmund University, Germany)
- Youhei Akimoto (University of Tsukuba, Japan)