The call for workshops is now officially closed. The list of accepted workshops can be seen here.
The Workshops Chairs of GECCO 2018 invite domain experts to submit proposals for organizing a workshop at GECCO 2018. The deadline for this, which is NON-EXTENSIBLE, is as follows:
- Proposals for workshops: November 7, 2017
Workshops at GECCO provide the possibility to commonly develop visions and exchange ideas in an informal setting, especially if focused on an emerging research field or interdisciplinary research area. In contrast to regular sessions, workshops can (and should) host interactive sessions (posters, discussions, demonstrations, etc.). Attendance at the workshops will be free to all GECCO attendees.
Workshop organizers are responsible for coordination and publicity. They collect and review papers, and provide a list of accepted papers and their authors, if applicable. Alternatively, a list of (invited) speakers and titles of talks to be given can be provided. If required, the GECCO organizers may provide additional support to the workshop organizers, such as publicity. Note that organizers, participants and presenters must register for the conference.
Accepted workshop papers will be published as part of a companion volume to the conference proceedings in the ACM Digital library.
Workshop Proposal Submission Instruction
Each workshop proposal should include:
- A half-page extended abstract (in plain text) that includes: the workshop title, the name and affiliation of the organizer(s), and a description of scope and content. Please refrain from using special characters in the title.
- Short bio of the organizer(s) (about half-page in plain text).
- [Highly encouraged] A description of any interactive activity or demoplanned within the workshop.
- A draft schedule of the workshop, including the estimated duration (1 to max 4 sessions) and type of sessions.
- If this workshop (or a similar event coordinated by the same organizers or a subset of them) has taken place in previous years, either at GECCO or at other events, then include URLs to the event pages.
Workshop proposals should be submitted by e-mail to the GECCO 2018 Workshop Chairs:
The University of New South Wales, Australia
Email: t.ray at adfa.edu.au
Malaga University, Spain
Email: ccottap at lcc.uma.es
Workshop proposals will be reviewed by the Workshop Chairs and other members of the GECCO 2018 organizing committee. Final decisions will be made based on GECCO attendees' likely interest, the breadth and depth of the topic(s), and the expertise and credentials of the instructor(s).
The outcome of the review process is scheduled to be announced on December 5, 2017.